Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
DownloadsII Details »
DownloadsII
Developer Last Online: May 2016 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.0.4 Rating: (269 votes - 4.79 average) Installs: 1648
Released: 28 Dec 2009 Last Update: 02 Dec 2011 Downloads: 10925
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Auto-Template Additional Files  

DownloadsII

DownloadsII is a download database that integrates into vBulletin. It allows you to upload files, add images to them, create categories, link to external files - and more. It is very flexible and has many options.

It's also coded 100% XHTML 1.0 Transitional valid, just like vBulletin itself.

Instructions & Support

Requires vBulletin 4.0.4 or higher. Not fully compatible with lower vB 4 versions.
It works fine with both the new editor in vB 4.1.4 or higher and the old one in previous vB versions.

Read the instructions in the next two posts before installing/upgrading this mod!

You can find an installation/upgrade manual in the zip package (Readme.txt).

I try to answer most questions asked in this thread. Please don't send any pm's if I don't ask for them. Don't forget to click the install link, so you will receive important update notifications.

Screenshots & Live demo

At the bottom of this post, you can find some screenshots of the front-end and back-end (AdminCP part) of the DownloadsII software.

You can find a live demo on my own site: Minatica.be Downloads (Dutch).
Though keep in mind that we are running a restyled and modified version of it.

Changelog (version 6.0.9)

Jelle
  • Added support for vB 4.1.8 bit processing with 'each' construct (backwards compatible)
  • Fixed comma listing for vB 4.1.8 (using "old" method)
Older changelogs are included in the zip package.

Help!!! I can't upload large files??

This is probably the most asked question. It's mostly caused by some default PHP settings: check "PHP Max Post Size" and "PHP Maximum Upload Size" at your AdminCP home.

Then have a look at this post for the solution to up these values.
Also have a look at this post at vB.com (but ignore the MySQL part as DownloadsII is only using the file system).

Add-ons

There are currently no official add-ons. Unofficial add-ons are listed below.

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Main.jpg
Views:	11380
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	108404   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Category.jpg
Views:	10061
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	108405   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_File.jpg
Views:	9663
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	108406   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Add_File.jpg
Views:	5931
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	108407  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_Search.jpg
Views:	5811
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	108409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_AdminCP_Settings.jpg
Views:	5432
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	108410   Click image for larger version

Name:	DownloadsII_v6_AdminCP_Categories.jpg
Views:	4513
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	108411  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions DownloadsII RS_Jelle vBulletin 3.8 Add-ons 4362 23 Oct 2020 17:56
Add-On Releases DownloadsII ver 5.0 vbAdvanced Add-On CyberRanger vBulletin 3.6 Add-ons 159 01 Jul 2011 18:15

Old 14 Feb 2014, 08:30

Originally Posted by onespot View Post
I am unable to add images. It worked before as I have plenty of images uploaded. Now when I press "Add Image" it just refreshes the page and doesn't load or do anything??
Originally Posted by Head Roller View Post
HELLO!!

I have installed DownloadsII and am having a small issue. I am unable to upload an image to the file. I can browse to the image, hit upload and it goes through the motions, but no image is attached. I have checked everything obvious, settings, permissions etc. The Downloads folder is set to 777. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I have the same problem. Did Anyone find a solution?

I solved the problem.
I write it so maybe could be useful to anyone else.

I missed to declare new extension as image

Last edited by iCrazy; 14 Feb 2014 at 20:48.
Old 14 Feb 2014, 21:05

well i have a question and it's maybe kinda stupid one, my vbulletin licence it's : 4.0.3 (i can't afford to upgrade anymore ), my forum use vb 3.8.5 . Can i use this addon for my forum ?
Old 14 Feb 2014, 21:17

Originally Posted by pakatosu View Post
well i have a question and it's maybe kinda stupid one, my vbulletin licence it's : 4.0.3 (i can't afford to upgrade anymore ), my forum use vb 3.8.5 . Can i use this addon for my forum ?
You could update to 4.0.3 or you can use the vb3.8 version of mod listed in the similar mod section at the top of the page or found here.
Old 16 Feb 2014, 02:19

Is there any way to exclude files from hidden categories from showing up on the Latest Uploads sidebar section?
Old 25 Feb 2014, 18:32

Hmm it seems this addon corrupts downloads near over 40MB+ zips when imported via FTP and AdminCP. Could this addon be not compatible for huge downloads?
Old 28 Feb 2014, 17:59

I'm having an issue with the font-weight of the subnav item. See www.parallaxgaming.com/forum.php and compare to download.php

Also, because it wasn't answered since I asked, is there any way to exclude files from showing up on the sidebar if uploaded to a specific (i.e. hidden/private) category?
Old 17 Mar 2014, 16:18

Hi please help me out. I have downlaods II before but I think it wasn't upgraded properly I am now updated downloadsII to latest version however when I go to downloads.php it shows just a blank page. downloadsII's setting page shows up fine in vbulletin admincp however when I click on any of the categories extensions import report's option it will show up as a blank page as well with nothing in it.

I am using vb4.22 PL 1

Can you please help me? Thanks.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 16:29

Originally Posted by Drache View Post
Hi please help me out. I have downlaods II before but I think it wasn't upgraded properly I am now updated downloadsII to latest version however when I go to downloads.php it shows just a blank page. downloadsII's setting page shows up fine in vbulletin admincp however when I click on any of the categories extensions import report's option it will show up as a blank page as well with nothing in it.

I am using vb4.22 PL 1

Can you please help me? Thanks.
You'll need to look in your server logs and find out what the error is that's causing the blank page. Until you tell us that it is very difficult if not impossible for us to help you.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 16:30

do you think by uninstall and reinstall would help? Thanks for your quick reply. I will try to get a tech to check the server logs.

sorry just 1 more question. would it help if I changed the version in the downlaods.php to 4.2.2 PL1?

Last edited by Drache; 17 Mar 2014 at 16:39.
Old 17 Mar 2014, 16:56

Originally Posted by Drache View Post
do you think by uninstall and reinstall would help? Thanks for your quick reply. I will try to get a tech to check the server logs.

sorry just 1 more question. would it help if I changed the version in the downlaods.php to 4.2.2 PL1?
Depends on what the error is. As I said without the error(s) it's hard to say what the problem is or how to solve it.
Old 18 Mar 2014, 14:40

Found out it was the permission problem for the php on the server side.

the script works perfectly fine. Thank you very much for making such good add on for vbulletin.
Old 28 Mar 2014, 21:07

Any news about the VB5 version?
Old 01 May 2014, 12:37

We've just noticed that no one can upload files any longer. Even as an Admin I can't upload a file. At the top of the page is says
The following errors occurred when this file was submitted:
but then does not list an error code of any type.

Any thoughts on what could be causing the error not to be displayed? I've tried it in multiple styles to make sure that was not messing the display up.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:45

Hi there,

For some reason, the text for the '+ Download' button is a very bright blue which isn't good on the eyes! I can't figure out where I can change it to white text. Where should I go to change this?

Thanks!
Mark
Old 28 Jun 2014, 05:19

I have a problem.

I can upload a file and image fine. However, when I try to click the Download Button after I uploaded the file, I get a "File Not Found" page. But I know the file is there in the "downloads" folder. The images work fine, I click on the image and it brings me to the direct image url.

I think it has to do with the way the DownloadsII System handles the Hash links, because no matter what kind or how big of a file I upload, I always get a "File Not Found" page when I try to download it.

I am on VB 4.1.4 running on a Windows Server 2008R2 Server, using SSL/HTTPS throughout the entire forum, and also using Mod_Rewrite Friendly URLS in VB and with web.config (windows version of .htaccess).

I have tried this on my test forum, and it works fine. I am using the same mods and custom style. However, I am not using SSL on the test site, because its not needed since its just for testing. I am using Mod_Rewrite via VB and web.config on the test site too.

I have tried to solve this issue myself, but I have had no success.