Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mod Options
[DBTech] vBMail v2 (vB4) Details »
[DBTech] vBMail v2 (vB4)
Mod Version: 3.3.0, by DragonByte Tech (Coder) DragonByte Tech is offline
Developer Last Online: May 2020 I like it Show Printable Version Email this Page

vB Version: 4.x.x Rating: (18 votes - 4.83 average) Installs: 180
Released: 02 Jul 2011 Last Update: 17 Aug 2017 Downloads: 1298
Not Supported DB Changes Uses Plugins Additional Files Translations  

vBMail: What is it?
vBMail is a professional mailing list mod with Bounced Mail handling and advanced subscription management features.

Uses

vBMail is the perfect solution for any forum who wish to send out large quantities of mail to users on a mailing list. It lets admins and users have fine-grained access to subscriptions, and also automatically handles bounced mail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you like this mod please hit the button to the right ---->

Please remember to click the, button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified by us whenever new updates are available.

For security issues - vbulletin.org will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to their attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps us know how many people are using our work, giving us extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

We appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Priority support & Product Demos available at: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/

Translations available @ our forum
Support for translations handled by the translator in its respective threads only.

Major Features:

Bounced Mail Handling: Once configured, it will (if so desired) automatically track and handle bounced mail. Alternatively, you can manually handle bounced mail if you so wish.

Automatic "Unsubscribe" Link Creation: If the user receiving the mail has access to unsubscribing, a secure link to unsubscribe themselves from the mailing list will be automatically added to the bottom of the mail. It does not require the user to be logged in, so it complies with spam policies set forth by mail providers.

Mail History: Each past sent mail can be viewed at any time from the front-end.

Advanced Subscription Management: Users can quickly and easily (un)subscribe from the mailing list via the mailing list directory, or the admin can manually change the subscription status in the AdminCP.

Bounced Mail Threshold: When an admin-configured number of mails bounce from the same email address, the user is automatically removed from mailing lists and all other email-related vBulletin features, and notified via PM what happened to their account, as well as directions to change their email addresses.

Complete Feature List (Lite)
  • Mailing List Directory
    • List all mailing lists
    • Links to send mail / view mail history / (un)subscribe
    • Unsubscription stats
  • Send Mail
    • Uses the full editor in vBulletin
    • Works with 4.1.4's CKEditor
    • Uses vBulletin's Mail Queue system to avoid overloading servers / avoid "maximum mails per hour" server restrictions
  • Mail History
    • Displays a list of all mail from that mailing list
    • View the mail in full HTML
    • Unsubscription stats
  • (Un)subscribe
    • One-click to add or remove from a mailing list
  • AdminCP
    • Create unlimited mailing lists with per-list usergroup permissions
    • Create keywords for people to subscribe to
    • View list of bounced mail
    • Prune list of bounced mail
    • Permissions for who can view unsubscription stats
  • Scheduled Tasks
    • Hourly collection of bounced mail
    • Hourly checks for number of bounces above the threshold

Complete Feature List (Pro)
  • Send Mail
    • Subscribe to an external mailing list via the vBulletin Sidebar (vB4 only)
    • Override SMTP settings per mailing list
  • AdminCP
    • Ability to create External mailing lists, powered by emails not found in vBulletin user accounts
This mod displays a copyright notification in the footer of pages generated by this mod which includes:
  • 1 Link to DragonByte Technologies homepage
  • 1 Link to Product Description page of this modification

Download Now

Only licensed members can download files, Click Here for more information.

Addons

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbmail.jpg
Views:	3934
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	130621  

Show Your Support

• To receive notifications regarding updates -> Click to Mark as Installed.
  • If you like this modification support the author by donating.
  • This modification may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
Similar Mod
Mod Developer Type Replies Last Post
Major Additions [DBTech] vBShop v3 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 591 12 May 2021 14:46
Major Additions [DBTech] vBDownloads v2 (vB4) [AJAX] DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 580 04 Mar 2018 21:36
Show Thread Enhancements [DBTech] Postbit Tabs v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 76 25 Apr 2016 22:45
Mini Mods [DBTech] User Spotlight v1 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 192 03 Jan 2015 11:48
Miscellaneous Hacks [DBTech] Random Questions v2 (vB4) DragonByte Tech vBulletin 4.x Add-ons 64 07 Oct 2012 15:51

Old 13 Sep 2011, 16:31

The flag is working fine for me in my local test build, there's an update coming out today so maybe that'll fix it for you

Fillip
Old 14 Sep 2011, 00:25

Originally Posted by DragonByte Tech View Post
The flag is working fine for me in my local test build, there's an update coming out today so maybe that'll fix it for you

Fillip
Thanks Fillip I will wait for the update.

Just for clarification, in case I was not describing the issue properly.: When I create a newsletter it adds all registered users fine but anyone who registers on the site after the creation of the newsletter does not get added as subscribed.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 02:29

vBMail v1.1.3
Fix: Notification links should now hopefully work with vBSEO even when its "Rewrite Member URLs" setting set to No
Fix: Any un-recorded hotfixes since the last version released.
Change: You should now be able to change -some- permissions for usergroups that were previously unaccessible
Change: The products now support the Product URL and Version Check features of the vBulletin Product Manager

Fillip
Old 14 Sep 2011, 02:49

Hi Fillip I applied the update and newly registered users are still not showing up in the subscribed list.
Old 14 Sep 2011, 02:51

They will not be retroactively added, so that's not unexpected

Fillip
Old 14 Sep 2011, 02:57

They will not be retroactively added, so that's not unexpected

Fillip
I thought this might be the case.
So to make sure I get all new members added I have to constantly create new mailing lists. Doesn't this defeat the purpose of unsubscribing?
Old 14 Sep 2011, 03:49

No it doesn't mean that

You can try unticking default subscribed, saving, re-ticking it and saving again.

I added another hotfix just now to deal with email verification, as you never told me if you had that enabled so I forgot to check that, but I believe that should be working now

Fillip
Old 14 Sep 2011, 04:08

If you got a SQL error applying the previous hotfix, grab the new zip, as I updated part of the email verification code.

Fillip
Old 14 Sep 2011, 17:08

Does this mod create the newsletters for you...in other words, can you tell it to send the newsletters to include recent threads from specified forums?

Also, does it allow for scheduling...like send them every 7 days at a specified time?

Thanks
Old 15 Sep 2011, 14:52

No it doesn't mean that

You can try unticking default subscribed, saving, re-ticking it and saving again.

I added another hotfix just now to deal with email verification, as you never told me if you had that enabled so I forgot to check that, but I believe that should be working now

Fillip
Thanks Fillip.
Unticking and saving the re-ticking worked. I have not applied the hotfix yet however.
The answer is yes, I do require email confirmation.

Last edited by CharlieDelta; 15 Sep 2011 at 15:03.
Old 26 Sep 2011, 00:17

Fixed.

Last edited by CharlieDelta; 26 Sep 2011 at 12:19.
Old 11 Nov 2011, 08:55

Firstly thanks for the great hack. It is well written, has a clean code and from checking the source code, I can confirm that a lot of work is put into the project so frankly speaking I believe it is not appreciated enough. So I wanted to tell my appreciation for your work first! :-)

I installed it in a friend's board. He wants to use for bounce email management and not interested in email listing features so my comments are regarding this part only. During installation I had some issues, glitches and fixes for them so I wanted to share with you considering you might want to know about them.

ISSUE 1:

During the initial installation the hack didn't work first. It gave no signal but it was not processing any bounced emails. After some debugging, I noticed that imap_open() was failing with error:
Warning: imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {mail.___.com:143/imap}Inbox in [path]/dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php on line 98
Although all login details were correct.

After some work I noticed our server is requiring /novalidate-cert parameter otherwise, it is dieing with error:
Certificate failure for
___.com: self signed certificate:
/C=US/ST=Unknown/L=Unknown/O=Unknown/OU=Unknown/CN=server1.____/[email protected]___"

So changing the line in dbtech/vbmail/includes/class_imap.php:

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

as

fixed this issue for us.

I think it might be a good idea to:
1- Add a hack setting to enter custom parameters there. Alternatively you can make "IMAP Port" setting inputbox "string", instead of "number" which will then allow entering values like: 143/novalidate-cert
2- In part:

It might be helpful to vbmail() admin with the value of imap_last_error() variable as it will help debugging connection problems when hack can't connect to the mail server. ATM admin is in dark when a connection problem occurs as no error etc. are returned. (Even when scheduled task is run manually in admin cp)

ISSUE 2:

In dbtech /vbmail/cron/threshold.php, this part:

Should be replaced as:

Otherwise email part in the user pm is blank.

ISSUE 3:

The hack is not unflagging user if vb option "verifyemail" is turned off since you tied unflagging only to register.php user activation screen. I added this pluggin to correct this issue for boards which does not use email confirmation:

HOOK LOCATION: profile_updatepassword_complete
PHP CODE:
//Logician Hack : If user is not banned AND changed his email correctly AND email verification is OFF, THEN unflag dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag setting
if ($permissions['genericoptions'] & $vbulletin->bf_ugp_genericoptions['isnotbannedgroup'] AND ($vbulletin->GPC['email'] != $vbulletin->userinfo['email'] AND $vbulletin->GPC['email'] AND $vbulletin->GPC['emailconfirm'] == $vbulletin->GPC['email']) AND !$vbulletin->options['verifyemail'])
{

$onoff = '0';
$userdata->set('dbtech_vbmail_bounceflag', $onoff);
}
This fixed the issue for such boards.

If I run into other issues, I'll keep reporting.

And once again, thanks for the great hack and efforts put into it!
Old 11 Nov 2011, 10:04

Originally Posted by Logician View Post
Firstly thanks for the great hack. It is well written, has a clean code and from checking the source code, I can confirm that a lot of work is put into the project so frankly speaking I believe it is not appreciated enough. So I wanted to tell my appreciation for your work first! :-)
Thank you! You're actually the first person (outside the DBTech team ) that's complimented me on my code quality, so it really means a lot

ISSUE 1:

[...]

I think it might be a good idea to:
1- Add a hack setting to enter custom parameters there. Alternatively you can make "IMAP Port" setting inputbox "string", instead of "number" which will then allow entering values like: 143/novalidate-cert
I presume there's no downside to adding novalidate-cert for everyone? Surely no servers can be set up to hard reject a connection that tries to skip certificate validation as opposed to simply ignoring that directive... Thinking out loud here. I'd prefer to have it working without requiring admins to edit the port like that

I've added the novalidate-cert and the imap_last_error() to the file and it'll be updated with the next version

ISSUE 2:

In dbtech /vbmail/cron/threshold.php, this part:
[...]

Otherwise email part in the user pm is blank.
Whoops xD

ISSUE 3:

The hack is not unflagging user if vb option "verifyemail" is turned off since you tied unflagging only to register.php user activation screen.
And this is the kicker that requires a new version number as opposed to a hotfix xD

I'll release it later tonight alongside a vBActivity & Awards update, thanks

Fillip
Old 14 Nov 2011, 09:37

I've been reported that sometimes this error shows up for admin:

I traced it a little and noticed it could only happen during vb cron mailing. You include the class in "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook so it should be there in all page visits but there must be a vb section which triggers vb mail cron for admin visitor without initializing "global_bootstrap_init_complete" hook to produce this error. I'm still working on it to find where but wanted to report here in case you also have an idea.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 14:17

My guess is that the Cron doesn't use vB's bootstrap to initialise. Since cron mailing don't need vBMail stuff anyway, I'll edit the mail_send hook with this

That should work

Fillip