Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12 Sep 2002, 08:53

Why dont you people stop jumping to conclusions and let Chen deal with his own problems, I am sure he would say something if he was to leave vb.org. You wouldnt believe what some comments people make can be hurtful,offensive,childish and can affect other people.

Also you shoud not be discussing private conversations you had with him here, I think its not apropriate and he might feel you have a big mouth.

IMO

Last edited by omegauk; 12 Sep 2002 at 08:57.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 10:18

Originally posted by c-pr0mpt
I havent owned yaxay for quite some time now. Months really.

I sold yaxay for several reasons. One being to focus more on my work, yes.
Thank you for all the great contributions you've made to vB in terms of graphics, skins and other template tips. I know that you have helped my site.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 09:14

Originally posted by Erwin

Thank you for all the great contributions you've made to vB in terms of graphics, skins and other template tips. I know that you have helped my site.
Glad I could help in some way.
Old 13 Sep 2002, 14:29

Off-topic: c-pr0mpt - did you get my email about a custom skin for my forums?
Old 13 Sep 2002, 17:55

Originally posted by rockergrrl
I've been talking to Chen on ICQ a lot lately, and our conversations have turned a different leaf in the last couple days.

He's shared with me about his concerns for the vBulletin community, and that he doesn't think he belongs here anymore. Possibly even leaving all together and handing vB.org to someone else, so that it will be managed better. Someone that is able to commit his 100% time to vB.org.
And you're posting all that publically because....?
Old 13 Sep 2002, 17:58

Originally posted by omegauk
Why dont you people stop jumping to conclusions and let Chen deal with his own problems, I am sure he would say something if he was to leave vb.org. You wouldnt believe what some comments people make can be hurtful,offensive,childish and can affect other people.

Also you shoud not be discussing private conversations you had with him here, I think its not apropriate and he might feel you have a big mouth.

IMO
Re: "IMO" - That's not just opinion, it's common sense and respect.

Geez, a guy doesn't post for a little while and everyone starts feeding on rumours.

A little out of hand here, eh?
Old 13 Sep 2002, 21:08

Arkham the guy is just worried... last time i checked that wasn't a crime... as for the ppl that are spreeding rumors... well yeah maybe they shouldn't... but i would think Xelation and C-Prompt would know if Firefly had any connections with them... regards...

g-force2k2
--
[ Posting Required Before Poll Voting ] | [ vb3 Font Color Hack ] | [ vb3 User Forum Activeness Hack ] | [ vb3 Postbit Style Option ] | [ vb3 User Ratings Hack ]
Old 13 Sep 2002, 21:29

Originally posted by g-force2k2
but i would think Xelation and C-Prompt..
Indeed, Xelation, c-pr0mpt, rockergrrl etc are all respectable members of the community, not someone whos just joined and started posting rumours.

WinterDir .:. vBindex v2.1 for vB2 .:. vBindex v3.0.0 RC5 for vB3
Old 14 Sep 2002, 03:36

Originally posted by TECK
Erwin, Hooper is an idiot that is not even worth our attention...
he thinks he's all cool and dandy with stoopid baby remarks or "jokes"...

Hooper, when ur gonna acomplish half what this guy FireFly did then you can make any comments, got it??

Actually,

Chen himself pointed me to this thread if you must know the truth. I sure wasn't looking for it.

Good grief gentleman. It does appear you're truly worried. My opology for the dish washing joke. Lighten up and have fun. :banana:

Last edited by Hooper; 14 Sep 2002 at 03:52.
Old 14 Sep 2002, 09:04

Originally posted by rockergrrl
I've been talking to Chen on ICQ a lot lately, and our conversations have turned a different leaf in the last couple days.

He's shared with me about his concerns for the vBulletin community, and that he doesn't think he belongs here anymore. Possibly even leaving all together and handing vB.org to someone else, so that it will be managed better. Someone that is able to commit his 100% time to vB.org.

Originally posted by Arkham
And you're posting all that publically because....?
probably she got the ok from chen to let her say this...
personally, i dont see who could replace Chen. PPN, ya, is a good idea. i dont think some of the devs will take Chen's place...
is to bad if Chen would leave. this place will not be the same without him...

this guy put real heart onto vb.org. i just imagine the nights he spent to update the forums to newer versions... with all the hacks, create better hacks, help the devs, help the people here, check for postings, etc...
all this mixed with his personal life. it takes alot of time and effort.

Hooper, that's why i got offended about the joke. sorry for being harsh, but it was not the place and time to make it that specific joke.
Why Queued - My personal blog

Last edited by TECK; 14 Sep 2002 at 09:16.
Old 14 Sep 2002, 20:33

The show must go on guys.
Chen will be missed though