Register Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Article Options
Old 21 Dec 2010, 20:11

Originally Posted by extreme-gaming View Post
Oh I suppose it was just "coincidence" then that you "just so happened" to make this thread only a mere 5 days after what I posted in the linked thread found in the attachments and my earlier posts.
It is coincidence, believe it or not.

And now that I saw your thread, I really don't like it that you decided it to "keep it secret". It's a free service, and you're not that only one that knows about it's use. I published the mod after searching for a similar thread in all the forums here on VB.org. The search did not provide any results. I respect other people's work. But this is NOT your work. It's a public and free service.

Hey everyone, clap your hands for "extreme-gaming" discovering Tynt first :claps_hands:

Last edited by AcidX; 21 Dec 2010 at 20:19.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 20:19

Reported.

Respectfully, I'm going to let a MOD here decide this. We do not need the two of you arguing this out.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 20:22

Agreed, I already reported the first post some 20 minutes or so ago.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 20:25

Originally Posted by OldSchoolDSL View Post
Reported.

Respectfully, I'm going to let a MOD here decide this. We do not need the two of you arguing this out.
That's the right thing to do. A MOD should definitely clean this mess up.

But we're not arguing. He is attacking me and accusing me of stealing a (guess what) FREE integration tool.

Let's see:
- He basically threw the "punch" and convinced me of stealing something free;
- He copied all the text (including thread name) from me after I posted the modification, and started posting new threads on all forums claiming this to me his mod;
- He's continuously ruining the thread with his "attention" comments;

I do not mind him "stealing" the whole mod from me and posting it on other VB version forums (because the users deserve this tool) - he does. Having attention problems is not what we need atm.

Last edited by AcidX; 21 Dec 2010 at 20:47.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 21:06

Hi, this looks interesting but have a question.

Does it work for literally all content, from threads, posts, articles, etc? everything on the website?

Tagged for now and thanks for posting, AcidX. I had not seen this before!
Old 21 Dec 2010, 21:09

Yes it works for anything that can be copied, including images and text.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 21:26

Originally Posted by Martin9887 View Post
Hi, this looks interesting but have a question.

Does it work for literally all content, from threads, posts, articles, etc? everything on the website?

Tagged for now and thanks for posting, AcidX. I had not seen this before!
Yes. It works with basically anything copied from your forum that contains over 50 characters. Text, images, HTML code - regardless of it's location on the forum. That's why you need to add the script in the header.

You're welcome
Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:19

This is not really a modification, more of an article on how to use tynt. Moved to articles.

Cable Forum
Please do not PM me about custom work - I no longer undertake any.
Note: I will not answer support questions via e-mail or PM - please use the relevant thread or forum.
Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:25

Sorry,
I copied the code in the header of my template but the test always fails?
Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:31

I just looked at your source and the code appears waaaaaaay at the bottom. I'm pretty sure you put it in the footer by accident.

Block Disabled:      (Update License Status)  
Suspended or Unlicensed Members Cannot View Code.

Old 21 Dec 2010, 22:35

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
This is not really a modification, more of an article on how to use tynt. Moved to articles.
Thank you Paul M
Old 22 Dec 2010, 07:25

Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Well, since this is not a modification, and we already have this thread as an article here - I suppose you should delete the other threads claiming to be a mod opened in vb 3.5, vb 3.6, vb 3.7 and vb 3.8 template modifications forum by extreme-gaming. No need of an article and 4 additional threads about it.

Thanks.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 09:39

Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
Well, since this is not a modification, and we already have this thread as an article here - I suppose you should delete the other threads claiming to be a mod opened in vb 3.5, vb 3.6, vb 3.7 and vb 3.8 template modifications forum by extreme-gaming. No need of an article and 4 additional threads about it.

Thanks.
Stop trying to win one over on someone else. You just look childish.

Now, as for this mod, whatever you want to call it, it's a good concept but it's a big fail. If someone copies content from your site to post on their own site or forum etc, then who in the hell is going to keep the link to the original site? I can tell you that no-one will. Until you provide a method to prevent people from removing the link this will be pointless.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 10:51

Originally Posted by GamerPerfection View Post
Stop trying to win one over on someone else. You just look childish.
Win what? Do you really think there should be 4 more threads abot this? I certainly don't.
Originally Posted by GamerPerfection View Post
Now, as for this mod, whatever you want to call it, it's a good concept but it's a big fail. If someone copies content from your site to post on their own site or forum etc, then who in the hell is going to keep the link to the original site? I can tell you that no-one will. Until you provide a method to prevent people from removing the link this will be pointless.
Certainly. But the point of the mod is not to protect your content from being copied, but to gain more visitors and gather statistics. Watch the demo video. You missed the point.
Old 22 Dec 2010, 11:09

Originally Posted by AcidX View Post
Win what? Do you really think there should be 4 more threads abot this? I certainly don't.

Certainly. But the point of the mod is not to protect your content from being copied, but to gain more visitors and gather statistics. Watch the demo video. You missed the point.
I never said anything about protecting content did I so stop assuming what I mean.

No-one on the internet will copy / paste and leave the link back to the original site when they are putting it on their own site or forum.

How can this gain more vistors when people will just remove the link when they paste the content?